Position: Full Time (40 hours) Accounts Receivable & Collections Coordinator at a progressive, democratic union based out of Holyoke, MA. This is a unique opportunity for an accountant to contribute their skills and join a team to work towards justice! All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Hours of work: Forty (40) hours per week, Monday-Friday, inclusive of one-hour lunch. Work hours will be flexible within the 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. workday.
Pay rate, benefits, and time off are in accordance with the staff union collective bargaining agreement.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receive dues remittance checks from employers and balance/verify accuracy of payments. Will require interaction with employer contacts to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare A-15 receipts for all income as required by International UAW
- Allocate dues income by account to determine portion of dues that are subject to per capita taxes (International UAW, MA & NH CAP Councils and Retiree per capita taxes)
- Record income in financial software
- Prepare bank deposit documentation and record deposits in financial software
- Track monthly income by unit and determine budget variances
- Prepare annual income budget projections
- Develop standardized dues reporting requirement template for all employers
- Act as backup to Accountant for weekly payroll and accounts payable processing
- Create, coordinate and implement system of new member dues collection
- Checking phone messages and returning calls
And other duties as assigned
- Degree in accounting or similar field or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills
- Excellent team-work and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter with problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Computer literacy
Skills and Qualities Preferred:
- Strong database management skills (currently FileMaker)
- Past union experience, commitment to the labor movement and social justice
- Patience, persistence and flexibility
To be considered please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday, July 31st. We anticipate a start date of September 5th or sooner.