What: Legal Issues Forum for International Students
When: November 19, 2009, 5:p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where: Cape Cod Lounge, Student Union
GEO’s International Student Caucus, in collaboration with Student the Legal Services Office and International Programs Office, presents: LEGAL ISSUES FORUM for International Students on November 19, 2009 at 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Cape Cod Lounge, Students’ Union.
Students are encouraged to submit their questions via email to email@example.com ahead of the event or anonymously by dropping them in the sealed pink box in the GEO office, students union rm 201. You may also ask questions at the forum. The panelists will include immigration and civil rights attorneys, as well as international student advisors.
Click this link for more details: http://www.geouaw.org/?page_id=293
The goal of the forum is to address the many legal concerns that international students have regarding various aspects of their stay in the US, including:
Student immigration issues
· Student visa types and what they may allow, and how to change them
· Student spouse and visa stipulations
· Working (on campus/off campus)
· Post doc and further academic training, visa and academic statute of limitations
· Extending student visa, etc
Basic legal/civil rights as non-permanent residents
· Domestic violence and rights of accused and abused spouse
· What to do in case of an arrest
· Rights as tenants (stipulations of lease & legal recourse)
Any other issues you wish to ask about