The Grievance Coordinator will solicit member concerns to determine which are contract violations, and which are issues to organize around. If the University violates the contract, the procedure for seeking redress is the grievance process; in conjunction with the UAW 2322 Servicing Representatives, the GEO Grievance Coordinator is responsible for managing this process.
Successful applicants will need to have a detailed familiarity with the GEO contract, be comfortable with administrative and legal procedures, and have a commitment to upholding the contract. Attention to detail, strong research and interpersonal skills, assertiveness and diplomacy in relations with University administrators, persistence, and ability to follow-through are essential for this job. Experience working with union contracts and knowledge of state labor laws is preferable.
Strong preference will be given to GEO members that have previous GEO experience, including active participation with campaigns and committees. All members in good standing of GEO-UAW 2322 for the two consecutive semesters prior to applying are eligible to apply. Applicants must be committed to the principles of social justice and collective action. All GEO employees should also demonstrate willingness to work towards the union’s collective goals and a commitment to being part of an organization that is fighting for progressive change on the UMass campus and beyond.
The core responsibilities for this position are investigating potential contract violations, speaking to GEO members who feel their rights have been violated, filing grievances, attending grievance hearings, and monitoring the resolution of grievances. The Grievance Coordinator works closely with UAW 2322 Servicing Representatives in the performance of these duties. The Grievance Coordinator is directly supervised by the UAW 2322 President and the GEO Steering Committee.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Educating members about the grievance procedure and providing training and support to stewards so they can handle the first step of grievances.
2. Organizing around grievances by working with stewards as well as Servicing Reps and GEO-UAW elected leadership.
3. Assisting with the process of publicizing successful grievances.
4. Contributing content to the GEO website and other media as appropriate.
All employees are expected to devote a portion of their paid working hours to office management tasks (i.e. holding office hours, answering phones, taking messages, in-taking grievances, greeting members who come into the office, etc.) and to attend meetings as required, including regular weekly staff meetings. Some night and weekend hours may be required.
This position is for 20 hours per week for the 2013-2014 academic year with a prospective start date of the first week of October. The salary is the same as the average campus-wide stipend. GEO/UAW Local 2322 will provide training. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
In order to apply, please submit:
1. A resume.
2. A cover letter stating the reasons you are interested in the position and your qualifications.
3. A completed GEO grievance coordinator application. You can download the application by clicking here: GEO application (For Grievance Coordinator Fall 2013).
4. Be prepared to bring proof of your student status to your interview (e.g. a letter from your GPD confirming your status).
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Interviews will be on a rolling basis.