Dear Fellow Goddard Staff Union Members,
There was a Bargaining Meeting between the GC Administration team and the GC Staff Union Bargaining team today. We thought it was important to update you on what the GC Administration team proposed to us as a cost-cutting plan to be effective as of July 1, 2013. The proposal from the GC Administration was as follows:
Proposed cost-cutting plan as of July 1, 2013:
- Elimination of the retirement matching contribution for all employees starting July 1. (To be a Memorandum of Agreement for 1 year.)
- No staff raises during fiscal year 2014 except in situations where there is a substantial increase in job responsibilities.
- No “bumps” during fiscal year 2014.
- No employee severance payments during fiscal year 2014.
- 1.5 Staff FTEs to be reduced in force as of July 1, 2014.
- Requiring that any employee injured on the job is, post any emergency needs, examined first by a College designated medical provider.
We were also informed that these measures would go into effect on July 1, 2013 whether or not we agreed to them.
We have responded that we would reply to this proposal by June 22, 2013.
Thank you for your continued engagement and support.
The UAW 2322 Goddard College Staff Union Negotiating Team