Yesterday’s Local 2322 Member – Activist – Steward (MAS) Training was a success. 18 UAW 2322 members, including 6 GEO members, gathered to discuss their goals as members and stewards, and to learn the basics of the steward’s role, including:
- Weingarten rights and investigatory meetings
- An overview of the Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Duty of Fair Representation
- Investigating, filing, and documenting grievances
- Working with Local staff and leadership to improve communications between stewards and staff, members and stewards, and between members.
There will be additional MAS Trainings at the UMass campus next month. We will be posting the times and locations as soon as they are settled upon, but please feel free to call the GEO office at 413-545-0705 to let them know if you are interested!